Monday 7 September 2020

Pictures telling a thousand words

 

 

This graph is from an Australian source and relates to the situation  as at August 2020.  It was sent to me by a friend who now works out there.  You will see that Australia is proudly in the top right-hand corner, in terms of deaths per million, outstripped by only Japan and Korea, and by minimal economic shrink only by South Korea.

In the bottom left hand corner, with the most deaths per million of population, is the UK.  We also have the largest percentage fall in economic activity.

Of course this graph shows only ten countries (plus the over-all picture for the EU.)  In case you feel the countries have been chosen rather selectively, here's another picture comparing the  performance of a few more economies.


 

 China 's economy  is still growing,  Vietnam and Taiwan only marginally affected, Australia still looking good.  This time the UK is not quite at the bottom.  At lest one economy, Spain's, is more badly affected than ours.

Still think this is selective?

Here are the performances of about 40 countries, if your eyesight is good enough to read which they are.



And yet day after day UK ministers on the media use phrases like "World Beating, "our success," guard out shores "against infection the hand of war" (Shakespeare made that last one up.)

We should recall the information in these graphs when we hear the government complaining the the BBC is given a biassed picture of its performance.

6 comments:

  1. China 's economy is still growing

    While no one can claim the UK has done well out of this (though how much of that is purely the government's fault, and how much the population's hitherto unsuspected propensity to cower in abject terror at the sight of its own shadow, albeit exacerbated by the government's fear-driven campaign of March and April, is up for debate) you don't seriously believe any economic number that comes out of China, do you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure some of the figures will be revised, but I doubt if that will do much to change the over-all pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure some of the figures will be revised

      I'm not talking about revisions, but about the fact that China has been outright lying about its economic growth numbers for decades. Why do you think they have suddenly started being truthful now?

      Delete
  3. I'm someone who has lived a life seemingly in the background, I must say this final indignity I have suffered almost too much to endure. You see, I have been sickly and weak since the day I was born and doomed to go through all my life a weakling. I seemed to have always suffered from one illness or another and could never play with the other children as I so desperately wanted to. Mother always made such a big fuss over me, also, making the situation worse as the other boys teased me mercilessly after they saw it. I was browsing  the internet searching on how i could be transformed into a powerful when i came across the email of a man named Lord Mark. who was a VAMPIRE so I told him that I has always dreamed of becoming a  VAMPIRES, All i did was just to follow the procedure that i was been told, and i bet you that procedure I took change my entire life to something i ever desire, freedom, sickness free, pains free, fame, influence, connections and even more that i can. Thanks to Lord Mark. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you Robert seaman for your wonderful masterclass strategy which has help me earn at least $8,000 weekly using his masterclass strategy and has also helped me recover all my lost money in binary options trading, i recommend his help to each traders whose point is to succeed and make good profits in binary options and also for those who wants to get back all their lost money and for those who are new in trading or have any issues in tradings, you can contact him on 
    Email: Robertseaman939@gmail.com  or  whatsApp: +44 7466 770724     

    ReplyDelete
  5. Recording success in Cryptocurrency Bitcoin is not just buying and holding till when bitcoin sky-rocks, this has been longed abolished by intelligent traders ,mostly now that bitcoin bull is still controlling the market after successfully defended the $50,000support level once again and this is likely to trigger a possible move towards $60,000 resistance area regardless the dip.However , it's is best advice you find a working strategy by hub/daily signals that works well in other to accumulate and grow a very strong portfolio ahead. I have been trading with Mr Carlos daily signals and strategy, on his platform, and his guidance makes trading less stressful and more profit despite the recent fluctuations. I was able to easily increase my portfolio in just 3weeks of trading with his daily signals, growing my 0.2BTC to 2.2BTC. Mr Carlos daily signals are very accurate and yields a great positive return on investment. I really enjoy trading with him and I'm still trading with him, He is available to give assistance to anyone who love crypto trading and beginners in bitcoin investment , I would suggest you contact him on WhatsApp: +1(424)285-0682 and telegram : @IEBINARYFXfor inquires and profitable trading platform systems. Bitcoin is taking over the world.

    ReplyDelete