Saturday 24 October 2020

United Nations Day 2020

 

Once again it is 24th October, United Nations Day, and once again so far I have seen no mention if it in the newspapers or on the radio (I don't watch television until the evenings, so maybe there's been something there.).

 As so many countries in the world drift into self-centredness, nationalism and crude populism it is vital for progressive forces, albeit on the back foot in these countries, to keep the post-war vision of peace, harmony and international co-operation alive.

 It is tempting to write off the UN with a shudder, especially as four of the Permanent Five members of the Security Council, the P5 in the jargon, are in the hands of mavericks:   Trump in the US (though not for much longer, we can pray); Putin in Russia, Johnson in the UK, and probably Xi Jinping in China.  

The only remotely sane P5 leader is Macron of France.

A far and dangerous cry from the vision of 1945.

Details  of the official cerebrations, which seem to amount to a concert from La Scala, Milan as the usual annual concert in the hall of the  General Assembly  in New York has been cancelled because to the coronavirus, are available here:

 https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALeKk01nOpxey08Ch9qdHDG74IN6VPeBbA%3A1603538873407&source=hp&ei=uQ-UX5f9FcTUUYOMmfgE&q=united+nations+day&oq=United+nations+Day&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQARgCMgcIIxDJAxAnMgQIIxAnMgoIABCxAxCDARBDMgIIADICCAAyAggAMgoIABCxAxCDARBDMgIIADICCAAyAggAOgcIIxDqAhAnOg0ILhDHARCvARDqAhAnOgcILhDqAhAnOgcILhDJAxBDOgQIABBDOggIABCxAxCDAToHCC4QsQMQQzoHCAAQFBCHAjoNCAAQsQMQgwEQyQMQQzoKCAAQsQMQFBCHAjoHCAAQsQMQQzoFCAAQsQNQiRVYxTtgqGBoAXAAeACAAfEEiAGTLpIBCTItNy45LjAuMpgBAKABAaoBB2d3cy13aXqwAQo&sclient=psy-ab

It would make an uplifting change from  the failing struggle to control covid-19, the carefully orchestrated triumph of an EU deal about to be pulled out of a hat, and the awfulness of the US election, if our newspapers were flooded with reports of the  efforts of the UN to educate,  heal, feed and promote or maintain peace in so many troubled parts of the world.


8 comments:

  1. PERFECT  HACKER  IS THE BEST PLACE TO GET BLANK ATM CARD. I was searching for a loan to sort out my debts, then I saw comments about Blank ATM Credit Cards that can be hacked to withdraw money from any ATM machines around you. I doubted this but decided to give it a try by contacting (perfecthacker1@aol.com} they responded with their guidelines on how the card works. I was assured that the card can withdraw $5,000 instant per day & was credited with $50,000.00 so I requested one & paid the fee and delivery cost to obtain the card, after 24 hours later, I was shocked to see the UPS agent in my resident with a parcel I signed and went back inside and confirmed the atm card works perfectly well after the agent left. This is no doubt because I have the card & have made use of It, the card is accepted in-All store and online purchase the hackers are USA-based hackers set out to help people with financial freedom!! Contact them through  email if you want to get rich with this Via: perfecthacker1@aol.com / WhatsApp +16125022272 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Have Used “Whitehatspytech@cyberservices.com” Quite A Number Of Times And He Has Never Disappointed Me. He Has Once Help Me Get Proof On My Wife Cheating Activities On Her Phone . He Does All Types Of Mobile Hack;Get Unrestricted And Unnoticeable Access To Your Partner/Spouse/Anybodies
    Facebook Account, Email,Watsapp,Textmessages.He Also Makes Changes In Any Database/Website Such As Your College/University Grades..
    Getting The Job Done Is As Simple As Sending An Email To “Whitehatspytech@cyberservices.com” Stating What You Want To Do. Sure He Will Help You

    ReplyDelete
  3. The professional hacker true out the world that I believed in him is only Wizard Brixton Group Hackers Checked Google and see everybody comments on him he a professional that I believed in him if you have problems on any stuffed like a bank, company, examinations, database, Social media hacks, Email hacks, Phone hacks, Facebook hacks, Bitcoin hacks, increased Credit score boost to 800, School result upgrading, cryptocurrency, Binary option funds recovery, Bitcoin Mining, Instagram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Monitor your colleague, access your spouse social media, and a lot more, Email: wizardbrixton@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. BE SMART AND BECOME RICH IN LESS THAN 3DAYS....It all depends on how fast 
    you can be to get the new PROGRAMMED blank ATM card that is capable of
    hacking into any ATM machine,anywhere in the world. I got to know about 
    this BLANK ATM CARD when I was searching for job online about a month 
    ago..It has really changed my life for good and now I can say I'm rich and 
    I can never be poor again. The least money I get in a day with it is about 
    $50,000.(fifty thousand USD) Every now and then I keeping pumping money 
    into my account. Though is illegal,there is no risk of being caught 
    ,because it has been programmed in such a way that it is not traceable,it 
    also has a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTVs to detect 
    you..For details on how to get yours today, email the hackers on : (
    atmmachinehackers1@gmail.com ). Tell your 
    loved once too, and start to live large. That's the simple testimony of how 
    my life changed for good...Love you all ...the email address again is ;
    atmmachinehackers1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bitcoin Private Key Finder Bitcoin Key Finder is the # 1 app for finding BTC Bitcoin private keys with a balance. It gives you the exact BTC Bitcoin private key in a minute all transaction and shows you the current balance. BTC Bitcoin Key Finder saves all the results and gives you an easy export option to save to your hard drive. Did you know that there are literally thousands of bitcoin addresses with a balance and no transactions in years. Get your Bitcoin Key Finder now to be the first to find one of these gems. http://allcryptosoftware.net/programs/ whatsapp: +971529644548

    ReplyDelete
  6. Margaret Loughrey
    I never thought that I could be this wealthy after all I've been through trying to meet ends and take care of my family, I used to play lottery but has never be lucky to win until I saw some comments online how he had helped a lot of people win, after first I didn't believe him but still I gave it a try, I wrote him a message on email after few hours he replied back so I told him what I want he assured me success. he also told me what I should do and I did all he requested from me, after some hours he gave me the lucky numbers and showed me where to play so i did as instructed to my biggest surprise I won 27 million pounds (Euromillions). Now I'm rich and happy all thanks to Dr Benjamin for the help, I'm nothing without you. if you need his help to win you can reach him via his email drbenjaminlottospell711@gmail.com and his whatsapp +13344539570 or visit his website Drbenjamintemple.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would strongly love to recommend the services of the best team of dark web hackers. They are professional and very discreet in carrying out their jobs, they have the best customer service agents and satisfaction at heart. If you have any services you wish to contact them for, go on albertgonzalezwizard (@) gmail com / Whatsapp +31684181827 or Telegram: +31687920980. They help track and monitor your cheating partner's phone without his idea, clear or erase criminal records as well as repair a bad credit score, all social media hacks,funds recovery and many others.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have direct access to genuine providers of Bank Guarantee (BG), Standby Letter of Credit (SBLC), Loan. Issuance is by AA rated Bank in Europe, Middle East, Asia and USA.
    We also monetize same BG/SBLC for 100% cash if you do not have a monetizer.

    Our bank instruments can be engaged in PPP Trading, Discounting Signature Projects like Construction, Oil and gas, Telecommunication etc.

    Please contact me for full details:
    Name: Garvan Mairead

    Email: inquiry.trustedfinanceplc@gmail.com

    Skype : inquiry.trustedfinance@gmail.com

    Whatsapp : +16135085843

    ReplyDelete